Thursday, October 31, 2013

A Spoonful Of Sugar

Okay, so I've written about Halloween before and my feelings toward it haven't changed at all. If anything, they've intensified. I LOVE THIS HOLIDAY! Love, love, love. Read the post from 2011 if you want to know why. Right now I'm going to focus on my favorite aspect... the costumes. Anyone who knows anything about me may not be surprised to learn that I shy away form the scary costumes and lean towards the "dress up as pretty as you possibly can" costumes. I've been a ballerina, Princess Jasmine, Princess Meg, a regular princess, Barbie Princess, Egyptian Princess, Renaissance Maiden, a bunch of grapes, Minnie Mouse, another regular princess, and Cleopatra.
Just Two Princesses Having A Ball
I guess as a kid the novelty of wearing lipstick was just too much to turn down. Some of my fondest memories from childhood are helping my mom get ready to go out. I would try on her velvet heels, parade around in her slips, help pick out her jewelry, and watch her every move in the mirror, memorizing the routine for later years. And then when she was ready to go she would give me a kiss, and with it most of her lipstick. I felt like a princess then and I do every time I put lipstick on. The redder the better. This year, my lips were again painted, but I was not a princess. I was Mary Poppins. Disney, yes. Princess, no. Mostly I chose this because I'm a teacher now and I wanted to wear something to school that seemed fitting for my class. I'm totally satisfied. In fact I may love this costume more than anything else I've ever worn! And the best part? The grand total was less than 20$ thanks to Salvation Army and my classy wardrobe. 
ALSO. I want to take a minute to share how incredibly blessed I feel right now. I have seen the Lord's hand in my life this past week a thousand times over. I've had miracles happen and had angels sent to help me and I couldn't be more thankful or happy for all of it. 

No comments: