Who doesn't love Halloween? October is my favorite month for so many reasons. The air feels different- it's crisp and fresh and smells like apples. Kids are waring their favorite sweaters as they run and jump and play in the piles of golden leaves. Ok, maybe not in Hawaii. But still, there is something special about this month. The first 30 days are all in preparation for my favorite day of the year, which just happens to be tonight! I am so excited. Here are 3 reasons why.
Costumes! Look at this baby: This baby is a piece of Candy Corn! Dressing up is a chance to be who you have always dreamed of being. I think that 12 /19 years of my life I have been some variation of a princess. And no one can judge! Because it's Halloween! And I have always wanted to be a princess. Side note: My 1st baby will also be a candy corn but she will be a cuter candy corn because she will be dark skinned.
Candy! Does anyone remember the Switch Witch? No? Oh maybe that's because my parents are insane and they invented a Halloween Creature who sneaks into the house after you go to bed that supposedly switches all your Trick-Or-Treat goodies with a book. So of course now that I live on my own I overload on the chocolatey goodness and celebrate the fact that strangers give you free candy. Especially if it is a kit-kat. Especially if it is a full sized kit-kat because you're neighbors are rich because they invented Cellophane Wrap. True Story.
Pumpkins! I LOVE carving pumpkins. Maybe one of my all time favorite family traditions. First, you drive to a pumpkin patch and pick out the pumpkin that you fall in love with. Then you decide what to carve, and become instantly overwhelmed with artistic desire. Sketch your design and DIG IN! Scoop out all the slimy guts and roast the pumpkin seeds in the oven with a dash of salt. And walla, you have an instant masterpiece.
Halloween will never get old for me. I will always look forward to October with shining anticipation, and look back on it with fondness. Now please excuse me while I go slip into my costume. In the meantime, you should go listen to this song. I have become slightly obsessed. Not sure why, I can not relate in the least little bit. But still.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment