...Have I not blogged in a year? Oops. I guess I haven't had much to say. I still don't have a lot to say. I'll share a few tiny blurbs and then a big blurb.
Today is April first;
my fourth favorite holiday after Halloween, New Years, and Fourth of July. I grew up with a family of jokesters and April Fools Day was a giggly mess at my house. Thankfully, I'm immune to all levels of pranks. This morning a student ran into class with the biggest grin and said, "Ms. Butler, my house burnt down!!" ...Let the festivities begin.
Tomorrow begins General Conference weekend;
and I couldn't be more excited. The last two conferences I was on a plane headed either out or in and I missed the live broadcast. This time around I'll be up at 6am and ready with my fuzzy blanket and a cinnamon roll.
Last week was Easter;
which I spent with the beautiful Workman family. I can't say enough good things about them for taking me in pretty much always and making me feel so at home while my family is far far away. I never thought very much about Easter before, but on Sunday I got to speak in Sacrament, teach primary, and join in the Workman's Easter devotional. I learned so much and I felt the strongest spirit all day- no dyed eggs or candy necessary. Also we watched Ben-Hur. How have I never seen it before?? Absolute classic.
March means Spring and Spring means Spring Break.
Am I over-capitalizing letters? Hm.
I decided to travel somewhere because I'm 100% unattached at the moment so why not. It's been awhile since I've seen my best friend and favorite Workman, Laura (shh don't tell!) and DYING to meet her sweet baby James so we planned a visit. It just so happens they're in London. Bonus! An 18 hour flight was no problem because I had the Hamilton soundtrack downloaded on my iPod. If you haven't heard it, shame on you. Laura and Mark were such gracious hosts, and Laura was kind enough to indulge all my touristy desires. For example...
I made Laura get off the bus before me to snap a picture. But I don't care because I live in tourist capital of the world and I've seen worse.
We hit all the must-see locations; The Tower of London (Crown Jewels, Armory), The British Museum, The Tate Art Museum, Piccadilly Circus, and pictured below Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, and Buckingham Palace.
My favorite parts were off the beaten track, and so so cool. King James Garden with this precious little man, The Borough Market- I want to live there, and WE SAW LES MIS!!!!
| Daffodils prove it's spring, but I still had to buy a coat. |
| We sampled cheese, bread, macaroons, turkish delight, cheese, pork, truffles, and did I say cheese? Oh my goodness. |
| "On my own, pretending he's..." I'll stop. Other highlights include: |
![]() |
| Pretending Harry Potter is real |
![]() |
| A week with Laura |
![]() |
| Being surrounded by British people |
![]() |
| Snuggling with this baby |
![]() |
| Too much cheese to handle |
![]() |
| Picadilly Circus at night |
| Bangers and mash |
![]() |
| Beautiful architecture. I absolutely had the most wonderful/much needed vacation. It was so great to wander around such a cool city with my oldest and closest friend. It was just as fun to come home and relax with her sweet family, watch VidAngel (my new favorite thing) or Curious George and just reminisce. Anyone have any recommendations for the summer? This will be hard to top. |













No comments:
Post a Comment