Wednesday, August 14, 2013

I Sense A Birthday On The Horizon...

I must be turning twenty-one soon. I know this because I can actually feel my prefrontal cortex  developing. Suddenly I'm all about metacognition and rational decisions. Does that mean I'm growing up? What are the sure signs? I've begun to shop at Macy's. I've invested in a crock pot. I get emails from credit card companies. So maybe I am an adult. Three years ago I was sure 18 was the be all end all, but since then a million and one things have happened. This is the real deal now. I don't hate it, not even a little bit. As a matter of fact, I kind of love the direction my life is headed. And let's face it, 6 months ago I thought I'd be planning a wedding right now. But a wedding is not the end goal and I'm on to something (someone) bigger and better. I think part of the reason I hold onto things for so long is because I fear nothing better will come along. I'm certainly not going to sit around and wait for people to make decisions and commitments. Life is about understanding yourself and becoming comfortable with the world. Well I am comfortable with the world. I am at ease with myself. It is perfectly lovely to be charmed by a calm life. I haven't changed, I've just learned. Happy 21st to me. 

1 comment:

Laura Anne said...

love it. as usual.